With its recent release, I decided to apply Service Pack 1 to my Exchange 2010 installation. I had read about many of the new features it offered and I was more curious about the Outlook Web App (OWA) improvements than anything else. I set about extracting and running running the SP1 installer, installing any prerequisites that the installer prompted me for before the upgrade. The upgrade lasted around 45 minutes and I was surprised to see that I was not prompted to restart the server post installation (even though I did out of habit!) Shortly afterwards I ran a few checks to make sure everything was OK and I began to notice a few peculiar issues.
I recently came across a problem when uploading a document through an ASP application to an IIS 7.5 web server. When I attempted to upload the document I received an http 500 internal server error. It turns out the issue was caused by an IIS setting restricting the size of the entity-body of the ASP request.
This is how I installed, tested and currently use MySQL 5.0.41 on Windows. At the time of writing MySQL version 5.0.41 is the current release, but I expect this to work with future releases to.
This is how I installed, tested and currently use PHP 5.2.3 with IIS 6. At the time of writing PHP version 5.2.3 is the current release, but I expect this to work with future releases to. This article assumes you already have IIS installed.