Soon after playing with a friend's iPhone I was hooked. Then, to obtain my own handset, I was forced to change onto the o2 network because of the exclusivity deal they initially had with Apple to resell the handset in the UK. Since owning an iPhone, I honestly don't think I would ever consider purchasing a non Apple handset in the future! But, like all devices, even the iPhone has it's flaws. I had an issue recently when I tried to change the length of time my iPhone rings before voicemail activates.
Since I recently changed employers, a new responsibility that I have undertaken is the upkeep/maintenance of a single BlackBerry Enterprise Server installation and the handsets used in conjunction with it. I had never owned a BlackBerry handset but I had looked at both BlackBerry server and handset technology in my previous role as a consideration for mobile workers. Last week, I was given a BlackBerry Curve 8310 handset by a user that reported they were unable to open any attachments - although in this case more specifically a PDF.
With its recent release, I decided to apply Service Pack 1 to my Exchange 2010 installation. I had read about many of the new features it offered and I was more curious about the Outlook Web App (OWA) improvements than anything else. I set about extracting and running running the SP1 installer, installing any prerequisites that the installer prompted me for before the upgrade. The upgrade lasted around 45 minutes and I was surprised to see that I was not prompted to restart the server post installation (even though I did out of habit!) Shortly afterwards I ran a few checks to make sure everything was OK and I began to notice a few peculiar issues.